Monday, May 27, 2013

Móa The Green Balm Review

Móa The Green Balm
Picture from Cultbeauty.co.uk

After having contemplated enough, I took the (not so steep) plunge and bought this secretly raved, 'miraculous' balm. (Secretly raved in that it's not an infamous product.)

I first eyed the product on http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/, and after reading all (i.e. 9) the hype reviews, I couldn't not buy it. I researched and found that http://www.feelunique.com offered the greatest deal.

I received this product about three weeks after I had ordered it, leaking in oil... Ever since it arrived in the mail, I was oh-so-very excited and used it religiously... until today. I kept it in a freezer and in room temperature. I applied it on wounds, blemishes (pustules, white/black heads, common pimple), stretch marks, dry patches...

In room temperature, the balm is very gooey and oily. Feels like you are applying Vaseline that was in the car on a hot summer day. 

When kept in the freezer, the balm hardens, and the warmth of your fingers melts the product and makes the balm enjoyable to use.

The packaging... sucks. It came leaking of oil. That should explain pretty much how bad the packaging is. Because the product is gooey and liquidated in room temperature, you cannot take it around with you or travel with it. The plastic packaging of the balm doesn't allow for it because it doesn't seal shut and keep the oil in. 

The reason I stopped using it today after having generously applied it anywhere I could think of for about a month was because I finally realized how terrible the product was and that it was probably for my own good that I stop using it. The dry areas and the areas where I had stretch marks became dryer (fyi: dry skin is a stretch marks playground). On the wounds and blemishes (all the various kinds of blemishes I have, yay!) I applied the balm to, I got cystic acne and deep, sore raises that I have never had in my life. They are an inch big in diameter... Do you know when you feel a pimple coming? These have formed into painful pimples after I religiously applied the balm on them. Mind you, I don't get pimples and cystic acne like this. This was not normal. And this is coming from a girl that once suffered from Stage 4 acne (the worst of the worst).

To clear any doubts you may have, I LOVE and ADORE trying every and any product. I have rarely repurchased any product, and if I have, I must not be able to live without it. Thus, coming from a girl that has tried various balms, creams, oils, etc., organic and inorganic, high and low end, this is one of the worst products I have ever used. 

I hated it so much, I questioned the reliability of the reviews on FeelUnique and CultBeauty. There was not a single negative review I could find. Judging from the fact that The Green Balm is a fairly small company that only makes this Móa balm and the lack of reviews I could find on it, don't trust the all-too-positive reviews you see on those two sites. I mean, realistically speaking, how can a product have a perfect 5 star rating on the ONLY two sites that have reviews on the product. FeelUnique had 33 reviews (if I counted correctly), that rave about the product and mention not ONE shortcoming. None. CultBeauty had 9 reviews with all a 5/5 rating. It's impossible for a product to have a 100% satisfaction rate because everyone is different and not everyone likes the same thing. And, I find it hard to believe that not a single person mentioned how it leaks. One girl claims to carry a mini-sized version of the balm in her handbag... I find that quite hard to believe since this balm melts in room temperature and came leaking oil when it arrived at my door. For goodness sake, even the Urban Decay Naked Palette has a rating of 4.8/5. And I think most of us can agree, the Naked Palette is amazing and works for almost everyone, of every skin type and skin tone. 

My rating: 1/5.
Can I please give it a zero? :( But since it didn't kill me, I guess it deserves a star for that... ;)


Do I recommend? To purchase? No. Do I recommend you stay away? Yes. Instead, RUN. RUN AWAY. This is like a melted version of Vaseline, except worse. There are so many other great products out there, including the RMS Coconut Oil (if you are looking for an organic balm to try that is also affordable). But otherwise, RUN.

Any questions, comments, feedback? Please leave them in the comments!

Hope you found this review helpful. :)

Bless you.

Sincerely,
me!

1 comment:

  1. drink water dear ! 1.5 ltrs in the morning . i dont represent the cream but i believe its better then the ones of the industrial revolution ...

    ReplyDelete